Search This Blog


Monday, July 20, 2015

Different Kind Of RV Trip

As much as I love traveling in our Journey motorhome, sometimes a special occasion arises to do a different kind of trip.

I set out this morning with my two brothers on a four day motorcycle trip through NY State.

               DSC06286

We did a leisurely 309 mile ride from Northern NJ up through the NY State Catskill Mountains into the middle of the Adirondack Park.  We stuck to back roads and avoided highways and summer traffic.  It was a wonderful ride and the scenery was breath taking.

               DSC06293

We stopped for the night at a motel in Indian Lake, NY. 

               DSC06294

We’re a little bit stiff and sore, old bones and tired butts are being dealt with by copious amounts of Motrin.  Been a long time since I sat that long in a saddle.

Since I look like a giant Minion with my bright yellow helmet and jacket, what better thing to add to my motorcycle than a fellow Minion?

                DSC06295

I now have a Seeing Eye Minion to keep me company.  :c)

We’ve three more days to spend together, we’re looking at wandering further North and crossing over to Vermont to ride the back roads to enjoy the scenery, the companionship and the great MPG our motorcycles get:  45 MPG! 

If only our Journey returned figures like that, I’d think I died and went to Heaven!

Thanks for visiting and feel free to leave a comment.

                      license_20110706205528_24375[1][2][1]

14 comments:

  1. I'm guessing that one more day in the saddle and your butt will be numb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine how sore you guys must be unless they do more riding more often than you do. But what a great thing for brothers to do together. David, as a former Harley owner, is eating his heart out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time with you brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great bonding experience for you and your brothers. Looks like the weather is wonderful as well as the scenery. Enjoy the next 3 days.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, it is all about "Makin' Memories" and what fun to make some with your brothers!!! Motrin is made to be shared;o)) Continued fun and safe travels....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun tour, on the bikes, backroads, great scenery and with your brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Born to be wild..."
    Looks like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a great way to spend time with your brothers. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! On a motorcycle, it truly is the journey, not the destination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! On a motorcycle, it truly is the journey, not the destination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As much as I love travelling in my RV, this is another great way to experience a road trip. The RV gave me a greater appreciation for life on the road. We traveled by motorcycle several years ago with a group of friends and to this day it remains one of my favorite road trips.

    Liza Pilon @ Prairie City RV

    ReplyDelete