Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Marti's Musings: We buckled....

Well, it has been 6 weeks since we put the house on the market.  We have had less than 10 showings, and zero offers.  So, we re-crunched numbers - and buckled under the pressure to lower the price on the house.  *sigh*

We are keeping our eye on the 'prize' of retirement, but this limbo-thing is driving us nuts!  We never did go home Sunday night, prefering to stay in the CG - makes for nicer days for Paul, and is still close enough to my work.

We have a pretty solid Plan B - as we have a drop dead price and date to pull the house off the market til next spring.  A little premature right now, as the price has not yet been changed on the MLS.  We have to sign on the dotted line, and fax back to the realtors.  But we still have a plan - a good thing.

As Paul says:  Semper Gumby = ever flexible.  We'll keep you posted on our (ever lengthening) road to retirement and FT!

~Marti

15 comments:

  1. Yay ;-) I'm glad you didn't cave and pull it off the market. Stay strong, it'll happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are learning to be patient too. It will sell when the time is right. In the meantime, we will enjoy rving close to home. We are also helping Gin's parents move. But work is just about history (giddy laughter).
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it on the market or you might miss the perfect buyer. They are out there but they just have to find you. My fingers and toes are crossed that person will show up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope your buyer shows up soon!!..sorry to hear you caved and lowered the price..hope this does the trick for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what they say-if it was easy everyone would do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard to be patient when you want it to sell now. It will sell, it just might take a little time. Fingers are all crossed for you along with a bunch of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you guys have a plan and hopefully will not have to resort to it. With any luck the new price will bring in the offers....were pullin for ya.

    As long as you can do it, stay in the RV, then when it's done, just turn the key and go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be patient, it will happen.

    We moved into our Journey a year ago, 1st of August. Expected to be on the road by November, then March, then May, now the goal is to leave before winter.

    Even though we are still working and living in the old home area, we enjoy being in the MH much more than the condo.

    But the road is beckoning, I just don't want another wet Seattle winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe you can get Mr. Realtor to lower the commission percentage too! Hopefully with the new price you will get multiple offers and a bidding war...
    The house WILL sell when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you were able to lower the price. Hopefully that will do the trick. But I'm still wondering about Mr. Realtor who told you to spend all the money to fix it up so you could get more out of it and now says lower the price. Hmmmmmmmm :-(

    Hope you'll plan to go on with your life and leave it listed if you can. Take a work amping gig close to home? You'll feel like you are on the road but you won't really be working.

    Wishing you the VERY best! It's so hard to understand why some things sell and other beautiful things like your house, Bill & Nancy's, Gin & Syl's haven't yet. You sure are in good company!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope the right buyer comes along soon... and you can get moving forward with all your plans!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the right buyer comes along soon... and you can get moving forward with all your plans!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. well starting 8/1 we begin our 6th month with the house on the market. We've gotten 1 bottom feeder low ball price and finished as the bridesmaid 3times. We won't lower our price but also have a drop dead price so we'll sell for less than the listed price but the listed price will stay the same. Santa Fe NM rolls up the side walks up for winter so we'll take it off the market 12/1 and put it back on 2/1/12. We for some reason feel August will be our month to sell.
    Wish you guys well also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, there definitely seems to be a group of us in the same boat. We have lowered the price twice. Once 6 months ago and again with the new realtor. We are going on 14 months and not one offer. I don't think it is the price...it is just a lousy market right now ;o((

    So we can be grumby or we can just find the fun around here. Local camping, kayaking, hiking and cycling is better than sitting around waiting for the house to sell!! As Syl said, "It will sell when the time is right!"

    This is one time we are not so happy to be in good company;o))

    ReplyDelete