Search This Blog


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Because I'm not Psychic.

You can never have too much information.  Especially when you're traveling down the"Long, Lonesome Highway".  Okay, I stole that line from the 70's TV show Then Came Bronson.   Did I just date myself again?



Anyway, when we are traveling from point to point in our Journey and I get a craving for an ice cold Diet Coke and need the location of the nearest McDonald's (I do have my standards), how do I know where the next one is?  The answer is:  I don't.

My secret to finding that icy cold delight is a book that we've come to really appreciate and use:




It is updated every year and lists all kinds of stores, gas stations, restaurants, hospitals, etc close by the major U.S. highways.  It is broken down into states and is displayed North to South with exit numbers and the resources that are found at each exit.

 It is also RV friendly and highlights establishments that large motorhomes and trailers can fit in easily in RED.  It is a huge plus to know that you'll be able to get in and out without problems before you commit to that next fuel stop.





The Next Exit costs about $15 and can be purchased at most RV shops, Camping World, Cracker Barrel or online.  I buy a new one every year so I can find that Diet Coke quickly.  Because sometimes, that highway seems endless!



Thanks for visiting and please feel free to leave a comment!




1 comment:

  1. I have the iPad version to The Next Exit. It's a must have.

    ReplyDelete