Search This Blog


Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Old Body doesn't Bend like it used to.

We're having a blast with the boys being here while our daughter and son-in-law close on their new house and get all moved in.  We're looking forward to taking the boys to their new home a week from today.  They are all excited to get into their new bedrooms, which will be much bigger than their old house. 

The best part is there is an Army run campground nearby, so we can take our Winnebago Journey to visit them as often as we can make the time with our schedules.

This has been a funny summer so far, it feels weird not having the Journey around, but we're happy that SIL Brian is able to use it while he trains for his new job and is saving money by not living in hotels.  He should be done training the end of July so we'll do some trips after that.

Marti took the day off from work and spent the day with the grandsons.  Because her office is only 3 miles from our house, she only stopped in once (lol).  Some day off!  They did spend a good amount of time cooling off in our backyard pool.  As for me, I had to work today.  As part of my annual training, I had to spend some time in the gym going over many of the techniques we have to be proficient in for law enforcement work.  The different holds, take downs, strikes, kicks and moves were practiced over and over again to re-enforce them in our minds.  Fortunately for me, I partnered up with an old buddy that I've known and worked with on and off for almost twenty years.  We made a pact that we'd go easy on each other.

I started the day feeling like a million bucks and very confident in my years of training.


At the end of the day, even though my buddy and I took it easy on each other, I felt like I've been run over by a truck. 


At least when I got home, I was able to soak in the pool with the boys.  I wish I was still as flexible as they are!



Thanks for visiting and please feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment