Search This Blog


Monday, July 7, 2014

Painting And Pulling

While we’re here awaiting the new incoming granddaughter,  we’ve been helping Corey and Amanda with their newly acquired fixer upper house that they’ve just bought.  This house needs some serious repairs, but for the price they paid, the repairs will be worth it in the long run.  For some reason, the extreme makeover the house needs is taking longer than the hour renovations we see on TV.

Once again, I’ve been wielding a paintbrush and as much as I dislike painting, I’ve actually been able to get more paint on the walls than myself. 

The house was built in the early 60’s and the owners had a love affair with wallpaper.  I’ve found I dislike wallpaper even more that painting.  I spent a couple of hours removing (pulling) wallpaper from one room and still have to go back and scrub off all the glue before I can repaint the walls.  I’m thinking there must be a special place of punishment in the afterlife for the inventor of wallpaper.  If not, there should be.  ;c)

Amongst all the wallpaper and paint, we’ve been challenged of working around a golden retriever and two year old Anabelle who loves to help.

It’s been a long day.  Motrin has been consumed and we’re taking tomorrow off to rest, pick up some new batteries for the Journey, rest, install the batteries, and rest.  Did I mention we’re going to rest before picking up those paintbrushes again on Wednesday?

Of course, if DIL Amanda goes into labor, all bets are off!  :c)

Thanks for visiting and feel free to leave a comment.

                  license_20110706205528_24375[1]

15 comments:

  1. At least they didn't start you out with a chipping hammer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine working around a two year old, especially with paint. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate wall paper too. What a pain. I once got so sick of removing it that in one room, I just painted over it. Guess that tells a lot about my standards. HA! Now don't forget that rest tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a house that we removed wallpaper from. I vowed never again. Definitely not fun.Enjoy your resting. A day may not be long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are the before and after pictures? Or some nice pictures of you covered in paint? Where are your priorities?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate removing wallpaper. I'm betting your new grandchild will decide to make her appearance just as soon as you head for someplace else. Didn't the last one do just that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wallpaper is the worst part of the work we had to do getting the house ready for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first house had wallpaper everywhere including the ceilings, some of it painted over and papered again. I spent weeks removing it all, never to wallpaper again!
    Don't forget to rest today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I hate removing wallpaper. My one house in Maryland, however, I admit I wallpapered a lot of the rooms (very tastefully). I'm sure someone is cursing me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a good egg. My mom loved wall paper. We were always putting new paper on something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have my complete sympathy! That's an awful job and you've definitely earned a day of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good thing you have the CG S/C disability, since your wallpaper skills take you out of making money there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh! Removing wallpaper is worse than putting up drywall in my books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wallpaper -- yuck! We had to remove it from one of the bathrooms of our last house, and that was enough!

    ReplyDelete