Search This Blog


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Why a Motorhome? - Part Deux"

We do a lot of living in our motorhome.  It has lots of comforts for us as we travel as a couple, or the special times we can travel with our kids and grandkids.  It has seatbelts for eight and bed space for eight.  When we travel or stop with the slides in, everything is still completely reachable except for one cabinet. Maybe we should keep all the junk food in there…

DSCF0582

                       Plenty of room to play games…

                                             DSCF0594

                                  or to eat a meal…

                                               

109

               …or dance around doing an Elvis impression!

There are other more important reasons we chose a motorhome.  It’s wonderful to have everything inside, a cold drink right at hand and  especially the bathroom when we’re stuck somewhere in a traffic jam

We’ve watched travel trailer and fifth wheel owners go through a lot of steps to set up and take down their RV’s.  It takes  quite a bit of cranking up/down jacks, jockeying the tow vehicle back and forth, etc. 

Me, I’m basically lazy.  I like to KISS my set up routine…Keep It Simple Stupid.  I can pull into my site, turn on the auto leveling system, extend the slides, hook up the water, electric and sewer in about 10 minutes and be popping the popcorn in the microwave.

Getting ready to leave is about the same 10 minutes, unless I get talking to the neighbors.  :c)

But for me, I really like driving big trucks, always have.  I enjoy sitting behind the wheel, looking through the big giant windows, seeing way down the road over the tops of all the cars.  It may sound crazy, but I find it very relaxing!

                                                   DSCF0592

          I guess it’s true, acorns don’t fall far from the tree!

As always, thanks for reading.  We appreciate your comments!

Next:  Our tow vehicle (Toad).  What we have, how it’s set up and how we use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment