We have now been on the road for 8+ months, and there are some definite pros/cons surfacing. Some of our commenters asked what my top 10 things would be, after Paul’s post with the same topic…. so, here goes! Note: these are not in any specific order.
1. The ability to sleep 8: because we are driven by family visits, we love the fact that we have 2 sofas (both turn into beds, one Queen, one double) and the dinette turns into a 3/4 bed (It might be a double, but I doubt it)
2. Ice Maker – yup, we both love ice!
3. Dinette storage – under the dinette seats there is some really good storage. Much needed and very handy, unlike the outside compartments…
4. Double kitchen sink – so much better than one big sink, for so many reasons!
5. Filtered water dispenser, at the kitchen sink… yummm
6. Washer/dryer combo – only for small loads, if you don’t mind wrinkles… towels, undies etc. Actually this may go on my dislike list, too! (to be fair, I think I have figured out a way to minimize wrinkles, but that is not totally proven yet)
7. Steering wheel table – does this count if it is something Paul made/adapted for the rig? I love it!
8. Bedroom door - not only for privacy, but it totally darkens the room for mornings we sleep in…
9. The awnings – I love that we can (usually) make our own shade. I especially love the small one over the entrance door on rainy days!
10. Darkened windows – our windows are all privacy darkened. (except the windshield, of course) This is great and is proven effective with our Hummingbird feeder that we attach to the window by the dinette. The little birds have no idea we are there, even if I put my hand right up the window (yup, I tried that) and we get an up-close-and-personal look at these adorable creatures.
I guess I will work on the top 10 dislikes, next.... Of course, the thing I like BEST of being on the road is - you guessed it: FAMILY TIME!! We are blessed beyond measure.