Search This Blog


Sunday, November 18, 2012

I’m Getting A Complex

We took a trip to the Philadelphia Zoo with the granddaughters and DIL Amber.  I was looking forward to a great time with them and I was determined to get some great pictures of the wildlife on display.  I was determined to make Judy envious.

DSC05055

It was a cool day, the girls were dressed warmly.

DSC04911

Little Rebekah was snug as a bug in a rug in her stroller.

DSC04921

There were some peacocks walking around the zoo.  I tried to get a good picture, but the peacock
turned away from me as I snapped.

DSC04924

We went to see the lions, I thought I’d get some good shots.

DSC04927

The lioness started to get up, I was ready.

DSC04931

Then she presented me her best side.

DSC04933

At the tiger cage, the same thing happened.

DSC04953

DSC04947

The Hippo pen.

DSC05031

The Zebra pen.

DSC05040

The Rhino pen.

DSC05041

The Polar Bear enclosure.

DSC05043

Little Rebekah was starting to wonder why I was getting frustrated.

DSC04954

Then Bald Eagle, the same thing…

DSC05011

the Penguins, more of the same.

DSC05049

Even the Pink Flamingos gave me the cold “shoulder”.

DSC05051

Finally, at the Gorilla cage, I thought I’d have a chance to get some good pictures.  When the gorilla saw me, he put his head on his hands and was thinking as he eye-balled me.

DSC04983

Then, he climbed down, went outside and…you guessed it.

DSC04999

Taylor and Kierra decided to help me and held this animal steady so I could get a good shot.  They were afraid I was getting a complex…

DSC04919

There were many other animals, but all I got was more butt shots.  Fortunately, I was able to snap a facial picture of these three little cute animals.

DSC05028

Sadly, today was our last day with the girls.  Tomorrow we head over to New Jersey and see our other granddaughter, Anabelle!

GetAttachment[1] (10)

It’s been a while since we’ve seen her, we’re sure looking forward to it! :c)
Thanks for visiting and feel free to leave a comment.

license_20110706205528_24375[1]

18 comments:

  1. You sure have some cute grandkids! We are all so glad they're all on the east coast now. Much less PDS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable and look like they were having fun in spite of the cold and butt shots. I love zoos and could visit one in every city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Judy's style, that was the longest ending to any post I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness! :O That's THE END for sure!!!! Those pics would have lasted me a month at the least... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly are being entertained. What a wonderful day you had with the kiddies? I'm wondering what you were wearing why none of the animals wanted to look at you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Philly Zoo is great. Too bad all you saw was the end of it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos - no end in sight!!

    The grandkids sure looked to be having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Grandkids looked like they were having fun just being at the Zoo with you and Marti. As for your photography it seems that the animals thought it has come to a big ending. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ASSume this blog entry will be the butt of a lot of jokes… hopefully you’ll just turn the other cheek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lots of butt shots,there Paul!..good job, Judy would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As already been noted, you have a bunch of closing pictures for the blog:) The end!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a theme going, no doubt about it :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok Paul, here's the trick... Turn the camera around, you are using the 'back' side;o)))

    Enjoy those beautiful grandchildren...making memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly got plenty of "the end" pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun post! The girls are so sweet, at least they didn't give you a "butt" shot.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. the kids are gorgeous...enjoy Annabelle and drive safe....lots of butt shots at the zoo....no wonder your getting a complex...lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with Judy here - you should have saved all those butt shots for your next 17 posts! Love the shot of the gorilla studying you...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good End shots, that is about what I got at the zoo last time. Looks like a great day with the kids.

    ReplyDelete