Search This Blog


Sunday, November 11, 2012

What’s Almost Better Than A Tailwind?

How about no wind?  I’ll take it!  Today we woke up in a Walmart to a sunny, windless day.  Back in my Coastie days, we’d call it F-A-C (Flat A$$ed Calm) weather.  I certainly enjoyed it and the Journey turned some really good mpg numbers, 8.2 to 8.4. :c)

We drove 255 miles to get to Hatfield, Pennsylvania,  Oak Grove Campground.  We got a large site with FHU, $27/night with a weekly rate, plus electric.  Only downside is it’s about a half hour from our son Ryan’s house.  Then again, closer campgrounds run $40/night plus tax.  No complaints from us.

DSC04777

The main reason we drove over 700 miles from Hunting Beach State Park?

DSC04781

Kierra, Taylor and…

DSC04789

little Rebekah!  (Please excuse the black spots, I think my lens got dirty).

Already the older girls are here in the Journey for the night.  We’re lovin’ it!  :c)

We’re having some Internet connectivity issues, so please be patient with us.

Thanks for visiting and feel free to leave a comment.

license_20110706205528_24375[1]

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a safe and windless trip. I just hate it when I think I've got some great pictures and when I look more closely there is a black or gray spot or they aren't quite in focus. But those girls are cute in spite of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you can sit and make memories, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy your time with the girls! Rebekah is cute even with the black spots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making a note of that campground. Much closer to our relatives and a good price. Funny we have relatives near the same cities in PA & SC. Hmm, perhaps we are family;o)) ENJOY MAKING MEMORIES!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure do have some cute grandkids...spots and all :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you made it to PA with no wind! It certainly is windy here in FL :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being from PA, I had to look up where Hatfield is. Thank heaven you explained about the spots - I thought little Rebekah got into the ink.

    ReplyDelete