Search This Blog


Thursday, December 16, 2010

Let It Snow???

Oh  boy, the first "real" snow of the season, about 2 inches.  Enough to cause me a five hour ride home from work, which normally only takes 2 1/2 hours (yeah, I know that's an insane commute, but I go where they send me and I chose to drive that far instead of moving, we knew we'd be pulling the plug soon enough).

Saw over 25 accidents, what is wrong with people?  You'd have thought we had a blizzard.  And to top it off, I had to shovel the driveway.  I have a snowblower (which came in REAL handy last winter, a 24 inch storm followed by a 36 inch storm, now that's real snow), but it was too light to use it on.  My back is now "talking" to me a wee bit.

Next year, we'll be somewhere, any where that we won't have to deal with the snow...and we can't wait.  Despite the hurdles we're still having to cross, furniture disposal, stuff to get rid of, the sale of the house, we find we're starting to get excited, that little spot in your stomach where the butterflies are starting to move, by the time we finally hit the road, they won't be butterflies, they'll feel like 747's! :c)

We find, too that we're drawing closer to each other, thinking about the next step and when we start talking about it, we find we've both been thinking and dreaming in the same direction.  That's a very good thing.  For instance, sometimes, I'm too tired to post, or have nothing to say and Marti takes up the "pen" and writes a post.  When I read it, I'm tickled to find that the thoughts she has written down are the same things I'm thinking.  That's, as the kids would say, "Way Cool". 

Even though we love to travel with our Journey, once and a while, we travel to neat places and without it.  Here is a picture of one of our "Journeyless" journeys, any guesses as to where it is?  First prize is a box of Chocolate Cheerios! :c)



If nobody gets it, I'll give more picture hints tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting and feel free to leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. I remember those kind of commutes from our DC days. SOOO glad they are just a distant memory.

    Think how good it will be when they are one of your distant memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is almost a sure sign that the two of you will have a blast once you begin this lifestyle.

    It has grown us closer than we ever imagined it could ever be, we always were very close before...but now it gets scary how we finish each others thoughts.

    ReplyDelete