Search This Blog


Saturday, December 4, 2010

Marti's Musings: s.l.o.w. progress

Today we had great intentions of tackling the basement.  But before that....

We had our new blinds installed on the first floor.  Great improvement, and hopefully will be a wow factor for the house sale.

Paul had to tackle a leaking kitchen sink.  Frustrating, and not fully successful.  *sigh*

Once I got to the basement, the Christmas decorations lured me away from sorting... so... we are now decorated for Christmas.  Exterior lights, candles, our table-top tree (we rarely are home for the actual day anymore), minimal decorative items here and there.

So, why am I so pooped?  Paul isn't feeling all that great, so he hit the hay early.  I finished wrapping some presents that need to be shipped out west.

And the basement?   I did manage to tackle enough of it to make a rather large "pitch" pile. Unfortunately, it looks like nothing has been done.  Tomorrow is another day, hopefuly we can make a visible dent. It will only be a few weeks before our daughter arrives to do the final sorting/pitching.  The good news, I only have 2 small boxes of memorabilia/pictures that are worth saving.  I am sure that will grown some, but it is down right embarrasing how much JUNK is down there.  ugh.  ~Marti

4 comments:

  1. What a productive day! And all decorated for Christmas now! Wonderful. I hope that Paul is okay. Take care you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to shabby, if you ask me! I think there is an RV fairy that takes over the cleaning/sorting if you just wait long enough.... otherwise, I'm not sure how we managed to get the heck out of our house!

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com
    (36 year old fulltime RVer living la vida loca with a cute-butt husband and a stink-butt dog!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does not sound like a bad day, progress is progress.

    We are big on pictures and I spent some time before hitting the road scanning a lot of the hard copy pictures and now have a pretty complete digital picture history that we can carry around with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one day at a time and one box at a time!..at least you are decorated for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete