Search This Blog


Friday, July 30, 2010

Finally! Our First Camping Trip of the Summer.

 Last weekend we brought the Journey home from Harmony, PA and today we left for our favorite campground, Bull Run Regional Park.  It is located about 9 miles form our house.  I had gotten home from work earlier so I brought the Journey over from our storage lot and set it up on our site, a real good one we've been trying to get for years.

Today I was in the right place at the right time, as I inquired in the office for a site, the person that booked the good site called to cancel his reservation.  Score!


After setting everything up, I picked up some food items, went home, packed the usual stuff and waited for Marti to come home from work, her office is only about 3 miles from out house.  Marti finished up relatively early for a typical Friday and we zipped off about 6:30 pm.  Upon arrival, I grilled some burgers, Marti sauteed some asparagus and we settled in for a nice meal.  Finally away!  Until...


Yep, her phone rang.  To make a long story short, she left to go back to her office.  When you're the boss and you run a 24 hour facility, some things require you to handle personally. 

At least I got a meal in her.  Hopefully she'll get back to the campground soon and won't be bothered anymore for the weekend.  Retirement looks better every day.

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to leave a comment.

5 comments:

  1. Great getaway! I hope that Marti gets back to it soon! Bummer! Dinner sounds like it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a nice weekend!!!..dinner sounded yummy!!!.enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys got a chance to get away...sort of! Poor Marti does not look amused. That was probably her "I'm not amused" face when the kids were being naughty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived in Reston for 27 years before I went on the road. I can't believe how much the area has changed since then. So much traffic! Hope you get out of there soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, guys - Marti here. I did get back to the campground - around 10pm. THEN got called back the next day, and worked nearly a full day. N.O.T. F.U.N. Nellie? yeah, I wasn't amused, and you are probably right - the kids would recognize that face... (but what is with my hair? yikes!) Diana - we can't wait to get out, too!

    ReplyDelete