Search This Blog


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Some days you start off getting out of the wrong side of the bed...

 We had to leave the Indian Brave Campground today with the Journey and take it home to Virginia where we live.  I had the alarm set for 9 am so we could have a leisurely pack up time and get on the road well before checkout time.

So there we were, still enjoying the warmth of the covers on the bed when BAM! BAM! BAM!  Somebody was pounding on the bedroom window, not a simple knock, but sledgehammer like blows.

After I landed back on the bed, from jumping out of a sound sleep, my skin and my covers, I looked at my watch. 8:45.  I grabbed some clothes and went to the Journey's door and looked out, expecting to see some gorilla looking guy or a whole swat team.  What I saw was a sweet little, gray haired lady wearing the nicest smile.  Figuring I was safe and not going to be mowed down by a whole host of thugs, I unlocked the door and went out.

She apologized over and over but asked if we could please move our Element, which was parked off the road in front of our site.  She was in the motorhome next door and was afraid if she pulled out, she might hit the car.  The non-seasonal sites in the campground are really close together and don't have alot of maneuvering room.  She wasn't going to take the chance so she came knocking.

I moved the car and she waved thanks, pulled the motorhome out of her site and drove out of the campground.

Marti and I decided to take lots of pictures of our trip home today and show what we did as we traveled.  I'm not going to be able to finish this post until tomorrow because somehow, after unloading our stuff and Zoe from the Journey in our storage lot, I left the adapter for my picture card on the counter. Duh!  A nice finish to the day. :c(

Marti felt bad for me so she made another batch of cookie bars.  Probably better than chicken soup. ;c)

I'll swing by the storage lot tomorrow on the way home from work, pick up the adaptor, get the photos and the rest of the story posted.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a shock to get woken up like that??? But in all respects, it's better to wake you up than to have them try to get out on their own and possibly hit your vehicle in the process~! That could REALLY ruin your day----

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete