Search This Blog


Monday, July 26, 2010

Technology Beat Down

I'm the King of good ideas.  Unfortunately, most of the time, they're not that good.  You also could say I'm just plain lazy.
Case in point, yesterday I bemoaned the fact that I left my camera memory stick adapter in the Journey so I couldn't transfer pictures to my laptop.  I was going to have to get it from the Journey in the storage yard today.

Enter the light bulb going off in my brain.  I had to pick up some dog food for Zoe on the way home from work so why not look at the camera area of the store and see if they carried an adapter.  Score!  They did!  And it was only ten bucks.  I saved myself an 18 mile round trip to the storage yard and now I'd have a spare adapter.

That's were the light bulb burn out.  I gleefully inserted my memory stick in the adapter...and it doesn't work!  I've been beaten by technology...again.  It says it is an adapter that will take my SD memory stick, but for some reason it won't transfer pictures.  The old you-get-what-you-pay-for.

Tomorrow, I'll be making that 18 mile round trip to the storage yard.  But all is not lost, I left Zoe's food dish in the Journey, too and the way she gobbles down food, well serving it on a paper plate, it ain't pretty. :c(

Please Stand By, We're Experiencing Technical Difficulties.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to take your lazy butt back to the place that had the dog food to return the stick and get your $10 bucks back. That's the price of a Happy Meal! :)

    Glad to find another lazy person out there! Oh, gotta go! There's a rent-an-rv backing into his spot in the rain. This has gotta be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWw bummer.. and here you thought you thunked a good think.



    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete